Specialty Spray Systems is a company rooted in the principles of partnership.
We work with our clients as a single team to see that goals are met and the value of our services is realized. Here are some of the past projects we have collaborated and worked on with clients.
The Mall of San Juan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
General Contractor: D.C.K. / Bird (joint venture)
Scope: Spray applied Monokote Z106 medium density fireproofing
Specialty Spray Systems, along with our partner Division 7 Construction, was selected as the fireproofing contractor for The Mall of San Juan. 40,000 bags of fireproofing were installed over a 10-month period. Specialty Spray Systems took part in all aspects of the project – from estimating to project management and application. At the time of construction, The Mall of San Juan was the largest construction project on the island.
Grove at Grand Bay
General Contractor: Facchina Construction of Florida
Scope: Application of FG International 4440 Ceramic Insulation to concrete structure
Selected by Facchina Construction of Florida, Specialty Spray Systems installed FG International 4440 ceramic insulation to specific areas of the concrete structure on both the north and south towers. Because of the unique layout and design of the building, not every floor sat directly above the other, leaving some areas of the structures exposed to the hot Florida sun. 4440 was applied to these areas to prevent radiant heat transfer into the structure and provide a level of energy efficiency for the building owner and the residents.
Ponce City Market
General Contractor: Gay Construction Company
Scope: Spray applied Thermacoustic insulation / Troweled Monokote Z156 High Density Fireproofing
Spanning several city blocks, Ponce City Market was a massive renovation of the old Sears building (constructed in the 1920s) into a mixed-use facility consisting of retail, residences, and a multi-level parking garage. Gay Construction Company selected Specialty Spray Systems to install thousands of square feet of Thermacoustic spray applied insulation. The application was located in new parking garage areas beneath newly-occupied residential space. Thermacoustic helped reduce the transfer of noise and increase the energy efficiency of the areas above.
The other challenge was to repair concrete-encased steel columns that had been damaged over the life of the building and during construction. Monokote Z156 high density fireproofing not only maintained the fire rating of these columns, but with a troweled finish, kept the desired aesthetics the architect desired as well.
General Contractor: Hardin
Scope: Spray Applied Insulation
The Sovereign is one of Atlanta’s tallest and most beautiful buildings. A mixed-use facility consisting of retail, office, and luxury residential residences, it rises 48 stories above the Buckhead skyline. Specialty Spray Systems provided spray applied acoustical insulation in all areas of the building, including areas between the street level retail stores and lobby. Other areas were on the 24th through 26th floors, including underneath the pool, mechanical rooms, and the clubhouse. Finally, the building is equipped with rooftop pools above the 48th floor penthouses. Areas underneath those pools and the ceilings in the penthouses were sprayed as well.
- Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field – Mississippi State (Starkville, MS)
- Coke Expansion (Atlanta, GA)
- Discovery High School (Lawrenceville, GA)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Atlanta, GA)
- The Dewberry Hotel (Charleston, SC)
- Marta at Garnett Station (Atlanta, GA)
- Urenco USA Uranium Enrichment Facility (Eunice, NM)
- F.A.A. Air Traffic Renovations (Jacksonville, FL)
- Joliet Technical College (Joliet, IL)
- Healthsouth (Dothan, AL)
- University of Alabama Huntsville (Huntsville, AL)
- Delta Sky Club (Atlanta, GA)
- Summerour Middle School (Norcross, GA)
- Atlanta History Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Realm High Rise Luxury Condos (Buckhead, GA)
- Lenox Mall Renovations (Atlanta, GA)
- The St. Regis Hotel (Atlanta, GA)
- Riverbend Correctional Center (Milledgeville, GA)
- Tower Place (Buckhead, GA)
- Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA)
- Kelly Mill Elementary School (Cumming, GA)
- Oakridge National Laboratory (Knoxville, TN)
- Alexander at the District (Atlanta, Ga)
- Piedmont Hospital (Atlanta, GA)
- 911 Call Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Phoebe-Putney Hospital (Albany, GA)
- Lexus (Macon, GA)
- Turner Studios (Atlanta, GA)
- Purina (Newnan, GA)
- Mercedes Benz North (Alpharetta, GA)
- ISC Annex @ Northbrook (Suwanee, GA)
- Paper Tower (Memphis, TN)
- Sloss Furnace (Birmingham, AL)
- University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- H & M – Atlantic Station (Atlanta, GA)
- Chicago Public Library (Chicago, IL)